Oh god! He is back! The greatest nightmare in the history of sports has assembled an All Star Team capable of crushing Team Toews and Team Foligno. Sadly to recruit these players, there had to be an injury or sometimes a perceived injury but those are minor details. These rosters have a few guys missing and yes the Ninja has assembled the best 1-2 punch in the game.
Their names are Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby!
No one thought that blasted Injury Ninja could harm them at the same time. That is where you would be wrong. This is the time where we present to you our 2014-15 Injury Ninja All Star Team
Injury Ninja All Stars
- Evgeni Malkin — Pittsburgh Penguins
- Sidney Crosby — Pitsburgh Penguins
- Mathieu Perreault — Winnipeg Jets
- Boone Jenner — Columbus Blue Jackets
- Mikael Granlund — Minnesota Wild
- Tanner Pearson — Los Angeles Kings
- Erik Cole — Dallas Stars
- Blake Comeau — Pittsburgh Penguins
- Kris Versteeg — Chicago Blackhawks
- Joffrey Lupul — Toronto Maple Leafs
- Jaromir Jagr — New Jersey Devils
- Patric Hornqvist — Pittsburgh Penguins
- Tyler Toffoli — Los Angeles Kings
- Val Nichushkin — Dallas Stars
- Nathan Horton — Columbus Blue Jackets
- Kris Letang — Pittsburgh Penguins
- Erik Johnson — Colorado Avalanche
- Ryan Ellis — Nashville Predators
- Olli Maatta — Pittsburgh Penguins
- Radko Gudas — Tampa Bay Lightning
- Lubomir Visnovsky — New York Islanders
- Kevin Bieksa — Vancouver Canucks
- Pekka Rinne — Nashville Predators
- Sergei Bobrovsky — Columbus Blue Jackets
- Jimmy Howard — Detroit Red Wings
The Ninja’s Thought Process
Now that is a pretty damn good All-Star roster. Yes some may not necessarily be worthy but our three goalies have All Star experience and that says a lot. Besides Crosby and Malkin at center (almost do not need anyone else), we also recruited Mathieu Perreault, who has been playing lights out for Winnipeg. His 22 points in his last 18 games were killing it for fantasy hockey general managers until Daniel Carcillo stepped in.
— SomeHockeyVideos (@SomeHockeyVideo) January 21, 2015
Again we did add a little physical snarl from Boone Jenner and then Mikael Granlund for some skill and intrigue. This seemed like a fun idea. It is never easy to assemble rosters like this and yet we had to actually leave some players off the table.
On the wings, oh they were fun. Patric Hornqvist and Jaromir Jagr? Sign me up. Having Crosby, Malkin, and Jagr on a power play would be enough to watch those goalies quiver in fear. Does it matter who the other wings are at really? They are complimentary and can provide scoring.
The defense is anchored by Kris Letang and Erik Johnson. That is not too bad either. Hell this squad is looking pretty good. We even have three all star goalies. Jimmy Howard will play the first period and Pekka Rinne will play the second. Those final 20 minutes belong to the Columbus starter, Sergei Bobrovsky. Talk about a send off, hockey fans!
Just think, there are other ideas too. There is the Injury Ninja All Star Skills Competition for starters. Oh no, I probably have said too much. The ninja thanks you for reading.